The Time is Now. This Stay-at-Home Mom is officially involved.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Do Not Disturb...unless you're Bob Costas

Let's be honest: 

I'm staying up way too late and I am getting nothing done.

The Olympics are killing me (and my house) with each passing day. I love the theatrics and back-stories and I want Mary Carillo's tall black riding boots.     

After attending the Opening Ceremonies last weekend, I got the bug and I'm hooked. Go U.S.A!

But, I have been loosely following the CPAC (Conservative Political Action Conference) this past weekend.

And when I say "loosely follow" I mean scanning articles while I cheer on Lindsey Vonn and Bode Miller and try to regain my eye focus after looking at Johnny Weir's costumes for too long.  I call it Sequin Eye Sore, but I still can't look away. And, is it just me, or does Evan Lysacek look a lot better without his hair slicked back? And what about Apolo Ohno...who doesn't love him?...besides the Koreans.

Tonight USA Hockey tromped on Canada.  I don't follow hockey and even I know that's a huge deal.

We are only halfway...I have one more week of speeding through my TIVO-ed hours of Olympic coverage after the kiddos are sleeping.  And is that a bad thing?

But, back to the CPAC...

I've never been too interested in previous years, but this year I am. I want to know what the Conservative stage is looking like as we approach mid-term elections and look to 2012.

Politico has some good articles.  Sounds like Glenn Beck, Mitt Romney, and Mark Rubio all made a good showing.

Here are some quotes I've gathered:
"It's not enough just to not suck as much as the other side." (Glenn Beck)
"All men are created equal.  All men will not end up equal...Americans have the right to the pursuit of happiness itself.  Along the way, if they become successful, conservatives believe you shouldn't be demonized or penalized for it." (Glenn Beck)
"In case you didn't hear the late-breaking news, the gold medal in the downhill was taken away from American Lindsey Vonn.  It was determined that President Obama is going downhill faster than she is."  (Mitt Romney)
"Of course, the President accuses us of being the party of 'no.'  It's as if he thinks that saying 'no' is by definition a bad thing.  In fact, it is right and praiseworthy to say no to bad things."  (Mitt Romney)
"From tea parties to the election in Massachusetts we are witnessing the single greatest pushback in American history."  (Mark Rubio)
I followed the tweets of a friend of mine from college who attended the event.  Makes me think I might enjoy something like that.  But, either way, lots going on this week in the political arena.  The big health care summit is this Thursday at the White House.  I sure hope those Republicans know what they are getting into...should be interesting to see what happens.

Stay tuned...I gotta get back to Mr. Costas.

Sources:

2 comments:

  1. Some of those quotes made me laugh out loud. I know I don't comment much which is probably because all I have to say is "amen". I really enjoy reading your new blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am up, and guess what I am doing? Waiting for the late night Olympics to start.
    I want you to post pics of the ceremonies, I keep checking your blog to see! So so fun!

    I just have to tell you a couple of things, Yes Evan does look a whole lot better w/out the slicked up hair. Scott just said that yesterday.(must run in the fam)

    Apolo is sooooooooo incredible. Ahhhh, that is all i have to say about that.

    You would look really good in a pair of those black riding boots. You should get some.

    XOXO~Amie

    ReplyDelete