The Time is Now. This Stay-at-Home Mom is officially involved.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

"Words don't kill, killers do"

"But all these calls for the nation to 'tone it down' make me nervous."
 - Danny Westneat, The Seattle Times 01.12.11


Danny Westneat writes for The Seattle Times. Sometimes I like him, sometimes I don't. I mean, seriously, I live in Seattle...this place is a haven for liberals and The Seattle Times has serious liberal leanings. Knowing Westneat is NOT a fan of Sarah Palin, he still sees the politicizing of this tragedy and Palin's innocence. He knows words don't kill. 

Take a gander...my favorite part:

"I'm with the father of the 9-year-old girl who was shot and killed in Tucson. He was asked about all this - the killer, his motivations and the debate now swirling about whether our politics is too heated - and he said, no, this is just the price we sometimes pay. 'This shouldn't happen in this country, or anywhere else,' he said. 'But in a free society, we're going to be subject to people like this.'  He added, beautifully considering what he had lost: 'I prefer this to the alternative."

No comments:

Post a Comment