The Time is Now. This Stay-at-Home Mom is officially involved.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Botox-ed Biden?

At the beginning of the State of the Union speech I was doing some major multi-tasking: dinner prep, keeping kids happy, chatting with a visitor...and trying to pay attention and catch the bullet points.

But my attention kept being diverted from Mr. President and drawn to Biden's goofy grin.

Do you think he had Botox recently and just couldn't NOT smile?

Do you think he had a copy of the speech and knew where the planned applause would be?

Was it just me or was he the first to clap?

It was the highlight humor of the entire speech for me....

Which goes to show the "root canal" comment was lame.

Lame. Lame.

(my legitimate commentary will come tomorrow...)

7 comments:

  1. I didn't notice but I wouldn't be surprised? It might be because of my very small tv! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By Obama publicly scolding the Supreme Court in the State of the Union speech sent the message that Censorship only applies when you disagree with the comment, political faucet or individual, group or corporation. It goes back to the Democratic leaders continued political movement: the American people are dumb. They cannot make a decision for themselves. The Government is put in place to be the shepherd to the sheep.

    I stand by Samuel Alito. We cannot censor the american people, whether they have deep pockets in the corporate sector, or contribute heavily through their union. Provide information and let the people decide if they will listen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find it interesting that this blog is "censor[ing] the American people" by taking away Sorenson's comment on this post merely because she doesn't agree politically with the blog author. Perhaps it's not just the "Democratic leaders" who think "the American people are dumb..."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay Okay...YES, I deleted Sorensen. She's my neighbor and I told her WHY I deleted her post. It's because she used my real name...not my REESE nickname.

    This is her comment, sans my real name:

    "Um...Reese...botox goes in the forehead."

    How could you ever possibly believe I think Sorensen is dumb. She's wonderful and I almost always want to steal her clothes right off of her and wear them myself...pretty much every day! That girl is smart AND has a serious sense of style. I wish "Anonymous" hadn't been anonymous...I hope you read this comment.

    Reese, signing off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey REESE (just trying to make sure I get it right :))

    I agree 100% with your comments and the funny part is, those were the EXACT comments that stood out in my head. I was so tired of Biden and Pelosi's annoying smiles and out of control clapping that I only made it half way through.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I felt the same way - the State of the Union sounded like a campaign speech...uggh.

    It was hard to watch the entire speech.

    ReplyDelete