The Time is Now. This Stay-at-Home Mom is officially involved.

Monday, May 3, 2010

Liberal Definition

"To them, the essence of life is unfair...and they always assign the suffering to economic or racial reasons."
 - Rush Limbaugh 04.30.10

I'm heading into one of the busiest weeks of my life with vacation on the horizon, so posting might fall by the wayside. I'm hoping I can stay with it. Did you know about this oil spill? Crazy. I didn't until this weekend. I've been out of it. That's what traveling out of town sans husband with my crazy children will do to me.

And if you think the oil spill is going to be political, you better believe it. As suggested by a caller on Rush's program Friday, our leadership is likely to come out saying this is evidence and reason for preventing oil exploration in the future.  The caller quoted Reagan's speech after the Challenger tragedy (I was little, but I remember that firsthand)...Reagan said:

"Sometimes painful things like this happen. It's all part of the process of exploration and discovery. It's all part of taking a chance and expanding man's horizons. The future doesn't belong to the fainthearted; it belongs to the brave."

I believe Reagan is right. But the liberals are going to turn this oil spill into a political attack on oil exploration. This was what Rush had to say about liberals:

"To them, the essence of life is unfair. Just life itself is unfair, because there are days that people hurt. There are days that people suffer. And they always assign the suffering to economic or racial reasons. People are suffering because they don't have as much as the next guy does. Or they are suffering because they're of a minority skin color...Folks, liberalism is hideous. It is the antithesis of being pro-human. It looks at life as a burden in and of itself to be managed, rather than as a blessing to be explored and lived to the fullest."

I'm not belittling suffering. I'm just saying what would life be without suffering? We must face hardships to cherish the moments of joy. Liberals think the opposite...remove the hardships (which is impossible, by the way), and live your life like a robot. No pain. No joy. Not much of a life if you ask me.

Sources:
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_043010/content/01125112.guest.html
http://www.learnoutloud.com/Catalog/History/Speeches/The-Space-Shuttle-Challenger-Tragedy-Address/7316

3 comments:

  1. A friend of mine quoted this, and I thought it was interesting, so I figured I'd pass it on.

    "You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it." - Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931 - 2005.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tuned into Glenn Beck yesterday who was talking about the oil spill. What a mess! Always turns into some political schpeal! Ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete