The Time is Now. This Stay-at-Home Mom is officially involved.

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Debate #1 - My take

Debate season means the Presidential race is coming to a close, and with how the numbers are looking right now, it's a tight race, which makes the debates all the more important...and exciting! I LOVE the debates!!

Here is my take:

President Obama - Does anyone else get distracted by how LONG it takes for him to actually say something? There is so much talking, pausing, and mumbling I almost forget where he's going. But that personal distraction aside, I thought he put forth a pretty good view of his plan. If Obama is re-elected, he will double down on his current policies for the next four years. We will have more of the same. He didn't say he would handle anything differently, nor should the American people expect something grand and new. I'm not saying that's not good...I'm just saying it's not what I want personally. 

Governor Romney - I thought other than Romney continually starting his talking points with a numbered list "First off...second...etc.", because sometimes that's distracting to me...again a personal thing, I really thought he clearly shared how things will be DIFFERENT. He believes our country needs change. For me and many other Americans, that's where I sit. I do not like the direction this country has gone for the last four years. I believe the budget and economic situation requires desperate attention and change. I particularly liked Romney's nod to specifics in the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence. I believe my government should live and breathe according to these documents. 

***

Call me biased, but I truly thought Romney was the clear winner here. He didn't come off as a bully, but he was strong. He commanded leadership, his head was up the whole time, he was respectful, concise and clear. He made the case for a chance at the Presidency. Obama promised more of the same and with growing entitlements, no plans for reform, unemployment continually on the rise, our budget crisis and spending binge, I just don't think our great nation can survive what he's selling. 


What did you think??

P.S. Is anyone else sooo excited for the Biden - Ryan debate?? I think I'm more excited for that than the next Presidential debate. I have such anticipation for the awesomeness that Biden will spew. He gives me so much comic relief...and he will be on stage SOLO! 

2 comments:

  1. Thought Romney did pretty good job. Oh man. I loved how he said that he wasn't going to have programs he couldn't pay for, i.e. PBS. No matter how great a program is, if you can't pay for it, you can't have it. And I agree, I am excited for the Ryan/Biden debate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a well thought and fought out debate all around. But, Romney came out stronger. It was crystal clear. I agree, it takes Obama 5 minutes to get to his point, which is one we have already heard for 4 years. When Romney makes his points... he is like a volcano. He starts out and continues to build and build. BAM. We are excited for the next debates! We need a change! We believe!

    ReplyDelete