The Time is Now. This Stay-at-Home Mom is officially involved.

Monday, March 8, 2010

You Can't Argue With Liberals

"I am committed to continuing to fight for the revenue necessary to get folks back to work..."
WA State Rep, Geoff Simpson
[Reese translation: revenue = TAXES!]

"When you argue with [liberals], you are not arguing facts or statistics, you are arguing against a religion...Leftists' idealogy is not based in reality.  It is based in a belief....There is no rational thought or intellectual honesty or rigor involved.  It is simply something for the masses to opiate themselves on and feel good about."
 - Captain Capitalism (Why You Can't Argue with a Liberal)

I just don't get it.

Liberals are killing me...and my budget. 

I made a phone call last week to our Washington State Legislative office and in return received a nice letter from my representative, Geoff Simpson, where he outlined his position on taxes. His above quote is an oxymoron, and my eyes-rolled while reading the letter. 

Oh brother.

Please tell me....how does taxing the citizens of this state MORE help them get back to work?

I feel like a broken record. The folks in charge just don't get it.

Businesses will not hire until economic uncertainty dies down...they are waiting to see what their tax bill will become. Health care is killing it...so is Cap and Trade...and so is the "Jobs Bill", which is continuing to just throw money at the problem.  

But Captain Capitalism has it right...you can't argue with a liberal.  They are so rooted in their ideals it's religious-like and they continue to argue against empirical facts and evidence.  

**heavy sigh**

But, anyway, the battle for passage of ObamaCare is going to be in the House.  So,  

HERE IS WHAT YOU SHOULD DO....

Go to this website...find your Representative in the House and 

write them, 
email them, 
call them.  

My representative, Dave Reichert, also had a health care survey on his website. I'm really interested in the results, but he doesn't share.  Whoever your representative is, it's time to lay on the pressure.  Reichert will most likely vote against the health care bill, but it doesn't hurt to make your opinion known.

IT TAKES 5 MINUTES.  

And while uncertainty swarms the nation, my home state also faces some troubled times ahead.  Our State Congress is looking to impose MAJOR new taxes:

  • Imposing a progressive income tax (yikes!...we currently don't have a STATE income tax)
  • Increasing the sales tax 
  • Imposing special taxes for: candy, bottled water, gum, soda, and cigarettes.  If you know me personally, you know my budget will be in a tight spot if this passes (minus the cigarettes...ick...but I can't live without a certain diet beverage and certain "nannies", aka candy).  

And so, my fellow Washingtonians, write your state congressional members as well.  

Here goes another week.  My stock of a certain diet beverage is dwindling fast as I deal with this chaos.


**Note: for people living in close proximity to me, the representative-finding website listed my representative incorrectly as Adam Smith...it's really Dave Reichert.  I am right along the border, so check your representatives map, just to be sure!

Sources:
Dave Reichert Website
Captain Capitalism 05.01.09
http://fns.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/03/07/house-dems-still-undecided-on-health-care/

3 comments:

  1. Ok, I did! Thanks Reese for the encouragement. You are doing a great job! And I love that you used "nannies" as only a true member of your fam could do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have Dave Reichert down here too. I took the health care survey on his site. Thanks Reese! And, I agree, I have a hard time engaging liberals because you can't argue against their beliefs that are rooted in emotion instead of facts....so I just stop right there at the fundamental difference. I wish there was a way we could engage more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You are pretty amazing your self! LOVE the blog and the wonderful momentum you have for political progress! Thanks for reading my blog... and for being my friend. I love to sit by you and your amazing daughters..see you Sunday.

    ReplyDelete