The Time is Now. This Stay-at-Home Mom is officially involved.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Channeling Bing Crosby

"It's just going to be like Christmas, I mean it's going to be great. No worries, you know, the bills, we can go ahead and pay our copay and be all right."
 - DeCarlo Flythe

Mr. Flythe is obviously disillusioned about the provisions of this bill, but do you think Obama will correct him? 

In actuality, premiums are going to go up. Way up. And taxes begin in a few short months. Unfortunately for Mr. Flythe, unless you are on Medicaid a copay just isn't going to cut it from here on out.

I don't know about the rest of you, but my letters to Santa never read like this:

Dear Santa:
How are the reindeer? What about Mrs. Claus? I hope she's still pinching your cheeks in my absence. I'm still perfecting my sugar cookie recipe. I promise they'll be better this year.

I have a few things on my list this year and they are my greatest hopes and dreams, so I hope you can deliver because I have been so GOOD. I swear.
  
(1) Please let a group of government bureaucrats mandate that I purchase health insurance and how much insurance that will be? Please? I'm not responsible enough to make this type of informed decision on my own.

(2) Please let the government decide how much I will have to pay for my coverage. They are always fair and impartial when making decisions about money. They sometimes have trouble with solvency but that's just Bush's fault.

(3) Please allow me to continue to support my boomerang children well beyond their young years before they are really forced into adulthood and big-kid decisions. I mean, at age 26, these babies are not old enough to make health care decisions on their own.

(4) Please ration who will receive care and when.  I know when I'm 90 I might want a better quality of life, but whatever you do, PUH-LEASE don't allow this decision to be made between me and my doctor.  I want men in suits detached from reality and the health care industry knowing absolutely nothing about me making the decisions about how I die.


(5) And even though our country is quite divided on the issue of abortion, please don't allow people to make up their own minds. Just force their tax dollars to support the cause and eventually they'll get the message.

(6) Please bring me a gorgeous pair of Mary Carillo's black riding boots. 

Yours truly all year long,

Reese

Source:
It's Going to be Like Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. I heard that quote on the radio many times - it is really sad!

    ReplyDelete