The Time is Now. This Stay-at-Home Mom is officially involved.

Friday, January 7, 2011

Don't Believe the Hype

I have children.  I have vaccinated them.  Five years ago when my first child was born the vaccine decision was hard for me. At the time I consulted with my pediatrician on this decision and now I'm glad I did...


Autism is a serious problem. I know children and parents who struggle with this disability and its wide-ranging scale of symptoms and therapy challenges. But the original (small) publication from the UK linking autism with the MMR vaccine has been completely discredited. 

The Associated Press article today talks about the panic that ensued and how the vaccination scare it caused will probably never go away. From Dr. Paul Offit, an infectious-diseases expert at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia: The original Wakefield report "scared people and it's hard to unscare them."

Just wait...give it ten years and all of this "research" about how greenhouse gas emissions are cause for climate change will be discredited as well. Although it may be too late. The government might take away my big rig before then...

I'm just sayin...

Don't get sold so easily. Don't change your life based on small-scale research with obvious deficiencies and don't let the government tell you how to think. 

Don't go buy that Prius just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment