The Time is Now. This Stay-at-Home Mom is officially involved.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Message Received!

"With their voices, the American people are demanding a new way forward in Washington."
 - House Minority Leader, John Boehner

It was a success at the polls, as far as I'm concerned. Republicans taking over the House is a huge game-changing play in Washington...and it's because the people made their voices and opinions heard. 

This election is our message to Pelosi and other House members who:
(1) Rammed Obamacare down our throats,
(2) Continued to pass Stimulus packages that are having no impact on the economy, and
(3) Have grown the government and in turn our national debt to the brink of bankruptcy

And I just love how our President has been saying in recent days that should Republicans take the House, they better compromise!  Well, that's interesting, since he wasn't too interested in what Republicans had to say during the closed-door Obamacare meetings earlier this year. I hope the Republicans don't compromise. Stick to your guns, stick to your promises. It's time to make a stand.

The message to Obama and his administration is clear...we don't like what you've done, and it's time to chart a different course!

AND here in Washington state....

I'm elated on the defeat of I-1098 (the income tax initiative).
I'm elated on the passage of I-1107 (ending the candy/soda tax)
I'm elated on the passage of I-1053 (requiring 2/3 legislative majority for tax increases)

It's obvious the people, even the liberal people here in Washington, are conscious of the economy. They know Washingtonians need less taxes and more prudent spending in this State. And Governor Gregoire was doing a bit of complaining last night saying she will have to make some serious cuts. I would like to remind our Governor that IT IS YOUR JOB!  Now is the time to make the tough decisions and earn your keep...otherwise, you'll be out!

I'm off to Washington D.C. (for a personal matter), but I will probably feel a bit euphoric walking near the Capital knowing MY voice has made a difference. I hope you feel the same about yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment